Following up again on this - now that my cross-thread MessagePort patch is
getting close to landing, I am moving forward on the SharedWorker design
described earlier in this thread.
I think there is still little clarity around the appcache behavior (dimich:
are you bring over your "shadow frame" concept to webkit?).

It doesn't seem like it should block the rest of SharedWorker development
while we work out the details - I will not expose the appcache APIs for
SharedWorkers until we have consensus about how they should work.

Let me know if you have any concerns with my approach. I'll add an
ENABLE_SHARED_WORKERS flag to control access to these APIs while development
proceeds.

-atw