On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 2:42 PM, James Robinson <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Peter Kasting <[email protected]>wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Geoffrey Garen <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Live items cannot be removed from the cache.
>>
>>
>> Yeah, I think that is what I'm seeing.
>>
>> Assume the page is not being painted (e.g. the window is minimized).  Is
>> there a way to turn the "live" items into dead ones so they can be flushed?
>>  Obviously the instant we repaint we will have to obtain these again.
>>
>> Even if this is possible, it might be _too_ aggressive, but first I just
>> wonder if it can be done at all.
>>
>
> It appears that FontCache::invalidate() does this based on the
> implementation - is that correct?  I'm not seeing any callers (but that
> might just be Visual Studio being stupid).
>

We're talking about the object cache ("cache()" rather than "fontCache()").

PK
_______________________________________________
webkit-dev mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.webkit.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/webkit-dev

Reply via email to