On Oct 19, 2009, at 2:03 PM, Peter Kasting wrote:

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 1:58 PM, Joe Mason <j...@notcharles.ca> wrote:
Perhaps the browser should have "Copy text" and "Copy all objects"
options (in which case either WebKit needs to support both modes, or
the browser would need to filter the copied data).

Yes, that could help.  Filed crbug.com/25239.

FWIW WebKit already knows how to put plain text on the clipboard, and in fact at least on Mac it always copies both HTML and plain text form. This allows apps to choose which to use based on their capabilities, or to offer both (via a Paste and Match Style command for plain text). I think every modern Mac browser puts HTML on the pasteboard as at least one of the available formats. I don't know what the norm is on Windows.

Regards,
Maciej