From: webkit-dev-boun...@lists.webkit.org
[mailto:webkit-dev-boun...@lists.webkit.org] On Behalf Of ext Darin Adler
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 11:19 AM
To: WebKit Development
Subject: [webkit-dev] Tagging bug names with a platform name: limit to
platform-specific patches

Hi folks.

We've never formalized this, but I believe that patches tagged with a
particular platform name such as

     [Qt] Add new API for fluffy bunnies

should be limited to one particular platform's code. If the patch changes more
than a trivial bit of platform-independent code, even if the change is only for
the benefit of a signle platform, I suggest we not use the platform name prefix.

    -- Darin