On Mar 22, 2010, at 11:01 PM, Chris Jerdonek wrote:

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 10:46 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <m...@apple.com> wrote:

The most unavoidable exceptions seem to be for test cases that are
specifically testing what happens when you have a space in the filename, not for third-party code. Does the no-spaces rule make it easier to write shell
commands if there are still files that violate it?

If such files are fewer or limited to certain directories, it would be
easier to screen them out using primitive techniques (e.g. excluding a
test directory).

LayoutTests and WebCore/manual-tests clearly need to be exceptions, I don't know about the fonts in WebKitTools.

In my case, I executed a command like the following (simplifying it
for the sake of an example):

find WebKitTools -type f -wholename '*' \
    \! \( -wholename '*.svn*'  \) \
    -print0 | xargs sed -i '' -e ''

I use this in my bash .aliases file for that sort of thing:

function rgrep()
{
find . -type f | egrep -v '\.svn|ChangeLog' | sed -e 's/ /\\ /g' | xargs grep "$@";
}

(Note the sed to escape spaces instead of using -print0, so if I do "rgrep -l whatever" I can pipe the output.)

Regards,
Maciej