On Apr 16, 2010, at 6:58 PM, Bill Hoffman wrote:

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 9:45 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <m...@apple.com> wrote:
FWIW, I don't have CMake installed, and I have everything a typical Apple developer would have and then some. I'm running SnowLeopard and the latest Xcode. CMake is also not installed by default on Windows and I am not sure
if it comes with the cygwin distribution we use.

It can come with cygwin, and nothing is installed on Windows by
default, not even the compiler...   Macports has CMake, and of course
we have binaries at cmake.org.

We can make binaries available through a convenient download script (possibly one that gets a source drop and builds it) if we have to. In fact, when WebKit first switched to Subversion, for a while you had to get your own copy to even check out the tree.

All I'm saying is that it's not *currently* installed out of the box on Mac OS X.

When you say "installed", does that mean it *has* to be in some system location? Could it be "installed" somewhere in the WebKit build tree? Our scripts download certain needed tools and libraries by default, so at least
from the WebKit POV this is not necessarily a showstopper.

It can be "installed" anywhere.   There are binaries for all marjor
OS's on www.cmake.org.  It is setup to run from any directory, so you
don't need root or anything to install.

http://www.cmake.org/cmake/resources/software.html

So by "installed" we're just talking about the fact that it's an executable, not a script?

Regards,
Maciej