On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 9:14 AM, Phoenix Revived
<phoenixrevi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yes, I have tried this on several versions of Ubuntu, including Lucid.
> I don't have Windows machine so I can't try that. There is not a single
> instance of a QtWebKit browser (or my own snippet of QtWebKit code) that
> works - and 100% of every GtkWebKit browsers (and my own snippet of
> GtkWebKit code) that works on my Linux system.
>
> This is forcing me to create a hybrid application written in Qt, with the
> webkit portion being handled in Gtk - which, I am sure I don't need to
> inform anyone, is a royal pain in the ass.
>
> If I am missing something obvious, I would appreciate a hint.

The best candidate for something obvious you overlooked is the
"Getting Involved" heading on the webkit.org site!  :)

>From your diagnosis it sounds like perhaps either WebKitQt is lacking
support for these plugins (or possibly there's a misconfiguration or
something).  Rather than the "royal pain" of working around it, why
not fix WebKitQt?  From a grep in the WebKitQt plugin code it does
look like it has some preliminary bit of Gtk support.