Hi Alex.

On QtWebKit, it is requered a set of fonts to be available on the
local system, and WEBKIT_TESTFONT environment variable to be exported
pointing to the font location path. See [1].

[1]
http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/QtWebKitContrib#InstallingthelayouttestfontsUsingrun-webkit-tests

In case it is unset, all tests will just crash. For that to go smooth,
we provide a git repository for the requered fonts, so one can easily
clone and do the set up steps by himself.

Would something like this work in your case?

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 6:48 AM, Alex Milowski <a...@milowski.org> wrote:
> Sausset François has been looking at using the newly released STIX
> fonts [1] for the MathML implementation.  If we start requiring STIX
> font support for MathML, how do we guarantee:
>
>   * these fonts exist in the build process so the tests will succeed,
>   * these fonts exist on the target platform.
>
> Certainly, we can create a stylesheet that degrades when the
> fonts are missing.  We could also do something with web fonts [2]
> but that seems like a bad idea for WebKit as a core platform for
> a variety of browsers.
>
> In general, we're working towards a point where we'd like to turn
> on MathML by default and, at that point, the tests must be run.  For
> the tests to succeed, we'd need the STIX fonts available.
>
> Is there any precedence for this or default policy for tests requiring
> fonts?
>
> [1] http://www.stixfonts.org/
> [2] http://hublog.hubmed.org/archives/001931.html
>
> --
> --Alex Milowski
> "The excellence of grammar as a guide is proportional to the paucity of the
> inflexions, i.e. to the degree of analysis effected by the language
> considered."
>
> Bertrand Russell in a footnote of Principles of Mathematics

--Antonio Gomes