(I'm subscribed to webkit-dev with a different address.)

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 8:31 PM, Michael Nordman <micha...@google.com> wrote:
> Yes, if we go with telling xhr up front for the array buffer case, I guess
> an enum would be slightly better.

I do not think this should be told up front. You already need to keep
the octet buffer in memory for overrideMimeType to work the way it
does. We designed responseBlob as an optimization so you would not
have to deal with the other types. I do not think you can optimize the
reverse with the design as it stands today.

In any event, any discussion on changes to the specification really
ought to happen on public-weba...@w3.org.

Cheers,

--
Anne van Kesteren