28.09.2010, в 07:58, Gavin Peters (蓋文彼德斯) написал(а):

> Noone has commented on this thread in some time; is this less controversial
> now?

I've presented some concerns about the effect of this on enterprise network
monitors.

It it also not really clear what the benefits of the proposed approach are.
It's beginning to sound like this header doesn't even help statistics much, and
the only practical use is refusing to serve a request under high load. But I
suspect that there is not much difference between returning a 5xx response and
serving a cached pseudo-static version of a resource. It should be much easier
to implement the latter (which lots of servers obviously already do) than to
change behavior based on current load.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov