On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Oliver Hunt <oli...@apple.com> wrote:

> Pro's for #1
>   It is a pain to remember to put explicit every time you have a
> constructor with one argument.
>
> Could check-webkit-style be beaten into forcing this for us?

Yep, check-webkit-style could check this automatically, but it wouldn't be
subtle, so it would flag cases where we want an implicit constructor. It
would just have to point to the guideline. (The check is currently turned
off because this isn't WebKit style.)

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 4:29 PM, Darin Fisher <da...@chromium.org> wrote:

> We're there some recent mishaps with implicit constructors that motivate
> this thread?

I've noticed Adam Barth putting comments in reviews about it (and
check-webkit-style could do it automatically for him). I tend to think it is
a good thing (and have been bitten in the past by not doing it), but I don't
usually notice it in reviews.

dave