Am 08.10.2010 um 20:14 schrieb Jeremy Orlow:

I'm not an expert on Pixel tests, but my understanding is that in Chromium (where we've always run with tolerance 0) we've seen real regressions that would have slipped by with something like tolerance 0.1. When you have 0 tolerance, it is more maintenance work, but if we can avoid regressions, it seems worth it.

Well, that's why I initially argued for tolerance 0. Especially in SVG we had lots of regressions in the past that were below the 0.1 tolerance. I fully support --tolerance 0 as default.

Dirk & me are also willing to investigate possible problem sources and minimize them. Reftests as Simon said, are a great thing, but it won't help with official test suites like the W3C one - it would be a huge amount of work to create reftests for all of these...

Cheers,
Niko