Hello Sergiy,

I've got a bunch of links for different areas where work has been done.

Some information on the "protocol" and is outlined in the following links. I
don't think they are up to date; I think things have improved and evolved since
then. Pavel and Ilya may be able to comment more on the protocol since there
has been quite a bit of work recently splitting it up into different domains to
turn on/off debugging different "domains" or feature sets. But I think the
protocol has been stable for a while. I think they even had some discussion
with the Firebug team when they talked about a debugging protocol, but I can't
seem to find where that discussion took place.
<http://webkit.org/b/43732> Web Inspector: Remote debugging meta-bug
https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1d_N-OIb3UztuC-_g0piXsIIdp89HnMcDk-uSQ8uamW4&hl=en&authkey=CIf48O4J&pli=1#

Here is a screencast, previously posted to this list, of it working in Chromium:
https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2010-August/013797.html
http://screencast.com/t/YTI2OTY4YTEt

There has been some work on an internal WebKit solution based on Web Sockets:
<http://webkit.org/b/43988> Web Inspector: Remote Web Inspector support for
QtWebKit [Already Landed]
<http://webkit.org/b/51364> Web Inspector: Remote Web Inspector - Cross
Platform InspectorServer [Open - Issues to be Worked Out]

External to WebKit, Patrick Mueller has been working on weinre. Patrick is on
this list and might comment more:
http://pmuellr.github.com/weinre/index.html (https://github.com/pmuellr/weinre)
http://muellerware.org/papers/weinre/manual.html

- Joe