+1 for runtime configuration.

Keeping code runnable is nice, and hard if it's disabled on many
developers' working copies.
We don't need to use traditional flag-holder like Settings class
and can use simple global-ish variables instead,
because We don't need to configure it per-Page basis.

I personally prefer compilation ENABLE flag only for possible
"optional" features,
and most of CSS functionalities aren't that case.
(This claim might be controversial though.)

--
morrita

morrita