Hello All,

I would like to know what do you think about Logging in Release build.
Should WebKit allow it?

Currently it is not possible because some features (like IconDatabase) use #ifndef NDEBUG for marking LOG macro related code. From the other hand in WebKit2 all logging is based on the #if !LOG_DISABLED macro.

Ports approach to logging in Release builds is not consistent too:
- GTK and EFL allows to use LOG in Release
- Qt it is not possible

Personally, I like approach of putting logging related code into #if !LOG_DISABLED macro instead of #ifndef NDEBUG.

I prepared small patch to allow building WebKit in Release build and use logging. I'll open ticket in bugzilla, but first I would like to know your opinion about this idea.

Regards

Lukasz Slachciak