On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 6:29 PM, Eric Seidel <e...@webkit.org> wrote:
> NRWT uses both!  It will read in all the port's Skipped files, covert
> them to SKIP text_expectations, and add them to your test_expectations
> file.
> http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Tools/Scripts/webkitpy/layout_tests/port/webkit.py#L309
>
> For better or worse, NRWT will error out, if you have duplicates in
> your test_expectations file, including duplicates between your
> test_expectations file and your Skipped lists.

Right, this is what I meant in another email when I said you are not
supposed to use both. Cannot really see a sane use case for this to be
honest. When I transitioned I basically converted Skipped locally to
the new format, got tons of duplicated errors, figured out what was
going on and deleted then deleted Skipped. Maybe this is done so that
you can leave Skipped as it is and start gradually adding stuff to the
new file?

Xan