See this discussion long
http://www.mail-archive.com/webkit-dev@lists.webkit.org/msg11533.html

For now it is very port specific to adjust the clicking spot before
submitting it to webcore. We should/could generalize it though for all ports
would share the logic.

On Friday, September 16, 2011, Arko Saha <ngh...@motorola.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> My observation is "on touch based device touch/click response looks a bit
flaky"(if we put a plain webkit build on the touch device, say GTK port).
> Some time we want to click a smaller link without doing zoom-in the
webpage on touched based device. In this situation the hit test does not
return a clickable node hence the click does not work(some times trigger the
click event to a wrong link which we can not fix) , but user feels that he
already clicked and device is not responding. Does any body has some thought
on improving this responsiveness , say ex. "by having multiple hit test on
surrounding area to find the nearest clickable element,if hit test fails
first time."
> Also I have checked on FireFox plugin which does similar thing with some
magic numbers. here is the link for the same:

--
--Antonio Gomes