I think many of us in the WebKit community are skeptical of the value of
implementing RDFa on the client side, at least for now. The proposed API is
rather complicated, the processing rules are quite complicated, and it's not
clear there is demand for authors.

HTML Microdata is a similar format and API for embedding machine-readable data
in markup. The API for that is somewhat more modest and potentially more
useful. I would suggest going that route if you are interested in working in
this area.

Regards,
Maciej