On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 11:24 AM, Ashod Nakashian
<ashodnakash...@yahoo.com>wrote:

>  >And that's a show stopper for me. For build bot maintenance, regression
> fixes, etc... being able to easily tell the number of commits between two
> revisions (in my head as opposed to using a tool) or the ordering of
> commits is crucial.
>
> I think this is an interesting point. It seems there are two solutions. We
> can enforce fast-forward as many have pointed out and we can maintain an
> SVN mirror. Although I don't like the idea of maintaining an SVN repo, and
> it's almost universally agreed that git offers superior tools to SVN.

I don't think so. I like the simplicity of svn. While git client works
great, I always get frustrated by the complexity of having multiple
branches locally and the amount of work required to merge the remote
changes on the branch I'm working on.

- Ryosuke