On 19.07.2012 20:26, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
On Jul 19, 2012, at 11:01 AM, Oliver Buchtala <oliver.bucht...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

Hi,

I am probably one of those people who much dislike printf-debugging.
What is your problem with using a debugger?

Maybe because the displayed information is not appropriate?
E.g., you would like
     someString.utf8().data()
instead of
     someString

FWIW, there is a gdb python API for changing the behavior... so called pretty
printers.
It is not too difficult to write such pretty-printers.

Maybe providing a set of useful pretty-printers is a better approach than
providing a set of debug functions?
I would love to see a set of useful pretty printers that we could share. Do you
have any we could use as a starting point?

Regards,
Maciej

I have written some for other projects... not yet for webkit.

Brady noted that there are some of them around?
I could provide some pretty-printers, if necessary...

Regards,
Oliver