On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rn...@webkit.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Bruno Abinader <brunoabina...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I do have a working patch with compile flag implementation [1] . The
>> "-webkit-text-decoration-line" code works most of the time as an alias
>> to original "text-decoration", so it was assumed that no special build
>> flag was required at that time.
>

> As I have said on the previous thread, adding this property may break
> editing in unexpected ways. In particular, we probably wouldn't preserve new
> values properly when modifying styles. So we need to fix that before
> shipping it on any browser.
>
> - Ryosuke

This is exactly why we need a a flag, whether it is compile, runtime or both :)

ps: I've run a bunch of tests with editing with and without the flag
set and so far it shows no changes (ie. one underlined line can be
copied/pasted with same style, and -webkit-text-decoration-line makes
no difference to editing because it is not contained in
WebCore::editingProperties vector.

--
Bruno de Oliveira Abinader