> There are lot of things remaining in the process across tests runs

What "things" remain in the process across test runs that are visible to
DRT/JS?

As I've said before in this thread, it seems axiomatic to me that tests can
only be reasoned about if they run in a pristine environment.  This is why
we
TestShell::resetTestController()<http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Tools/DumpRenderTree/chromium/TestShell.cpp#L300>;
so that a given test passes or fails the same way regardless of what other
tests have run in the same process earlier.  Given that we *do* reset the
execution environment between tests, it seems arbitrary (and unworkable) to
*not* reset the cache.

Cheers,
-a