I'm stunned that people are arguing this on webkit-dev.

Just FYI, Mozillians with whom I have spoken generally agree that <main> does not meet the high bar required to add a new element to HTML.

Shopping a patch to implementors, to get something into a standard spec by asserting de-facto status based on the patch(es) landing, is bad form.

Back to the whatwg list!

/be