Maybe "git rebase --onto" would help, if only a bit?

http://git-scm.com/book/en/Git-Branching-Rebasing#More-Interesting-Rebases

/pf

On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 13:13:44 -0800, Eric Seidel <esei...@google.com> wrote:

Yes, but I'm more interested in rebasing my existing github branches.
:)  But you're right, I could probably run
Tools/Scripts/sync-master-with-upstream from my existing
git.webkit.org checkout and not have to download anything.

I'd still have a bunch of github branches which I can't easily rebase
on top of that, but that's a start.

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 4:00 AM, Dominik Röttsches