On May 23, 2013, at 6:26 PM, Darin Adler <da...@apple.com> wrote:

> On May 23, 2013, at 8:42 AM, Sergio Villar Senin <svil...@igalia.com> wrote:
>
>> There is an interesting question about merging fixes from Blink. Should we
>> keep the original author in the ChangeLog appending the name of the merger
>> maybe?
>
> Generally speaking, the person committing to WebKit is responsible for the
> content of the patch. I prefer not to think of that person as the “merger”.
> Their name should still be on the patch.
>
> And yes, I think it’s handy to cite the name of the author of the Blink patch
> in the change log.

That’s along the lines of the approach I’ve been taking.

For patches that meet both of these criteria:

- Either trivial, or in my area of expertise.
- Merges cleanly without much/any modification

...I put on my reviewer hat and pretend it’s a WebKit patch, review it and land
it.
Example: <http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/149734>

For patches I’m less comfortable with, or that just need more work to fit into
WebKit, I put on my committer hat, wrap it into a new patch, and add it to the
review queue.
Example: <http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/149110>

In both cases, I credit the Blink author and provide a URL to the Blink
change-set.

-Andreas