Hello,

I just wanted to let everyone know that we (Apple) are moving away from
DrawingAreaImpl and always using our tiled drawing area. Longer term we’d like
to remove DrawingAreaImpl completely since it was designed back when we didn’t
run in accelerated compositing mode all the time.

It’s my understanding that all the other non-mac ports use coordinated graphics
now, and so the logical step would be to create a special DrawingArea subclass
for coordinated graphics and move the relevant code there. That’d allow us to
remove DrawingAreaImpl and LayerTreeHost.

I’d be more than happy to review any patches to do this, and answer any
questions.

Thanks,
- Anders