Getting WebRTC working on WebKitGTK sounds awesome.

I am a little concerned with the use of an abstraction layer as a backend. I am afraid this could lead to weird abstractions.

Typically in WebKit we try to have baseline code in C++ that handles everything that can be shared between ports, and platform abstractions for everything port and/or platform specific.

Using OpenWebRTC, there would be no abstractions and WebCore would just be a bridge between JavaScript and OpenWebRTC. Is that correct?

Could you explain a bit why you chose to use an abstraction layer at the WebRTC level instead of interfacing directly with GStreamer at the platform abstraction level?

Benjamin