Hi ,

For those who were not at that session at the contributor meeting: some
web developers have asked for a better way to follow what is being done
in WebKit without having to follow every WebKit engineers on Twitter.

On our end, having more visibility on what is enabled in Nightly could
help getting more feedback and bug reports.

Google maintains a status page for the features enabled in chrome
(https://www.chromestatus.com/features) and it seems to be useful. We
could try doing something similar for WebKit.

Since Webkit's engineering is distributed with all the ports and various
prototypes, the idea would be to let every contributor maintain the
status page. We would have JSON files in the tree describing features
and their states, and webkit.org would pull that information from the
repository to publish that in a nicer way.

My current plan is to have 2 files, named "features.json", with the
information about our features. The files would be in
Source/JavaScriptCore/features.json and Source/WebCore/features.json.

>From the feedback at the contributor meeting, I drafted the following
format for the files: http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/Feature%20Status
I am still not sure how to best format the list of releases where a
feature has shipped for the first time. In the draft, I used a list of
strings with a custom format.

Please have a look. Send me your feedback. If everyone still think it is
a good idea in a week, I'll start working toward putting something like
that in the tree.

Benjamin