Hi Everyone,

I have just reviewed the full set of Windows EWS and build bots, and updated
them as follows:

1. Perl 5.18 or newer, which matches the Perl shipped with Mac OS.
2. Visual Studio 2015, Update 2. This fixes a number of C++ compatibility
issues.

At this point, it should not be necessary to have Windows-specific C++ hacks in
the code.

Most of the places where I knew we had worked around VC++ compiler bugs were
commented. We have now removed all such commented hacks.

Please let me know if you are aware of any other cases where we were forced to
use less efficient or more complicated code to work around an issue with Visual
C++. We should be able to remove those hacks now.

Thanks,

-Brent