On Wed, Jul 6, 2016 at 7:34 PM, Dean Jackson <d...@apple.com> wrote:
> I propose we make it official that the Web Inspector Coding Style is what
> must be used for all JavaScript and CSS that count as source code in the
> project.
> https://trac.webkit.org/wiki/WebInspectorCodingStyleGuide
>
> Now that JavaScript is used in more places (JS builtins, some parts of the
> DOM, media controls) it would be nice to make it all consistent. Note that
> the page above can't decide if it is just JS or both JS and CSS, but I think
> it should be both.

It's hard to tell which parts of the above guide would apply to
non-Inspector JS code because it has a bunch of Inspector specific
guidelines such as layering guides and references to
https://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Source/WebInspectorUI/UserInterface/Views/Variables.css

We should probably extract the parts that matter into a separate MD
file or a section in the wiki page before we proceed with this
discussion.

- R. Niwa