16.02.2017, 03:30, "Gyuyoung Kim" <gyuyoung....@webkit.org>:
Hi Konstantin and Gustavo,

I'm gonna upload latest WebKit source code to the repo.
Let me use the methods you guys recommend(script or git command) in order to make EFL tarball.

Here is what we are doing in Qt port now:

https://github.com/annulen/webkit/wiki/Releasing

Gyuyoung.

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 12:18 AM, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <barbi...@profusion.mobi> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 12:48 PM, Konstantin Tokarev <annu...@yandex.ru> wrote:

> 15.02.2017, 17:18, "Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri" <barbi...@profusion.mobi>:
>> On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 3:19 AM, Gyuyoung Kim <gyuyoung....@webkit.org> wrote:
>>>  Hi,
>>>
>>>  If there is no other active maintainer for EFL port, unfortunately I have to
>>>  agree to drop EFL port in mainline
>>>  because EFL port should not be an obstacle. I will maintain WebKitEFL like
>>>  the QT port in
>>>  https://github.com/Gyuyoung/ewebkit and http://www.ewebkit.org.
>>
>> Okay, we can continue based on that.
>>
>> Just a small observation for your fork is to avoid releases to remove
>> non-EFL port files like was done for 1.18, instead keep just our
>> patchset on top and if you want to produce smaller archives just use
>> git-archive ignore files (which can be in the git repo)... likely good
>> to produce smaller downloads without layouttests and the likes.
>
> There is small but very useful script, Tools/gtk/make-dist.py. It allows to remove
> unwanted files by using patterns, listed in manifests file (like Tools/gtk/manifest.txt.in)
>
> For Qt port I use this script both to make release tarballs and for snapshots repo [1].
> This allows me to have full-fledged main repo with all tests and sources, and users
> can clone small snapshots repo to get latest updates.
>
> [1] https://github.com/annulen/qtwebkit-snapshots

well, cpack could do that kind of stuff, no? I recall the first port
of cmake used that.

I'm not sure why Gyuyoung did that approach, likely to get the
tarballs-from-git-tags feature of github in a lightweight mode... then
using git-archive features may do (it's kinda of simple to blacklist
tests stuff and slim the tarball to 50mb or so)

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems

Konstantin