22.02.2017, 10:18, "Brian Burg" <bb...@apple.com>:

On Feb 21, 2017, at 10:53 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rn...@webkit.org> wrote:

Hi,

I recently added ReadMe.md file to WebKit's top-level directory for the convenience of Github users: https://github.com/WebKit/webkit

I've added a very abridged instruction on how to checkout & build WebKit for Mac/iOS ports for simplicity. It would be great if we can trim down the amount of information further.

I feel like GTK+ port's instruction can be consolidated enough to fit there but we might want to write some script that someone can run to do everything you need like Tools/Scripts/configure-xcode-for-ios-development for iOS first.

Let me know what you think of it, and please feel free to post a patch to improve it!

This is really great Ryosuke, thanks for your work! We may want to consider a similar consolidation of the Trac Wiki, which is sprawling, mostly outdated, hard to use, and hostile to new developers/passersby.

I think it's a FUD.

Also note that on Github wiki is open for editing either for everyone, or for contributors of repo that are given write access.

- R. Niwa

Konstantin