> Another consideration here is "would my test be useful for other browser
> vendors". I don't think the answer is a unanimous "yes", so I think we
> should only use WPT for tests that will think are worth sharing.

Agreed that some tests, especially the ones dedicated to WebKit
specificities should be kept in WebKit.
The risk is that these changes might be changed upstreamed in
small/stylistic ways and no longer cover the initial case.

That does not prevent to use WPT infrastructure for these tests, especially
if it eases authoring.
As a temporary measure, Chris mentioned the possibility to have inside the
WPT folder a folder dedicated to "to-be-upstreamed" tests.

> I'm also concerned that with 4 vendors upstreaming their WPT tests, the
> WPT repo will just become a morass of partially overlapping tests that
> takes 4x longer to run than a curated repo.

This is an issue in WebKit repository as well.
I saw some clean-up done in WPT though.
Sharing this goal and effort amongst the different communities might end up
with a better result.
Note also that spec editors are usually involved in WPT, which might help
organizing the test suites in better ways.

Simon