On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 6:32 AM, Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez <clo...@igalia.com> wrote:
I think the default build toolchain should be supported also,
at least without the requirement of "one year after the release".

I propose this change to the policy over yours:

- This policy applies to runtime dependencies to ensure smooth updates for users.
- It does not apply to the build toolchain.
- A compiler other than the default compiler in an otherwise-supported distribution may be required to build.

+ This policy applies to the runtime dependencies to ensure smooth updates for users. + The requirement of "one year after the release" does not apply to the default toolchain. + On that extra year of support a compiler other than the default one in an otherwise-supported distribution may be required to build.

I think is important to not require a too much new version of the default toolchain (GCC).

Fine by me.

Michael