> 4 дек. 2018 г., в 16:43, Ryosuke Niwa <rn...@webkit.org> написал(а):
>

> On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 12:55 PM Jonathan Bedard <jbed...@apple.com
> <mailto:jbed...@apple.com>> wrote:
> These directories would be along-side tests.
>
> I don't like that platform-specific results are under LayoutTests/platform
> and device-specific results are next to the tests. We should stick with
> either convention, not mix them up.
>
> If we were to match LayoutTests/platforms, we should probably put it under
> LayoutTests/devices, or alternatively inside each platform's test directory.
> Alternatively, I'd be fine if we moved platform specific results to those
> subdirectories. But having both conventions used throughout would be an
> insane mess.

I'm not ready to have an opinion about which approach is best, however I wanted
to make a general comment about unification.

I think that the attempt to abstract all sorts of differences behind the "port"
and "platform" concepts in webkitpy was short sighted. There are many subtle
and not so subtle variations of behaviors (OS, OS family, specific OS version,
build style, specific API used from the build when there are multiple options).
Trying to represent these by god objects is creating a lot more inconsistency
and confusion than necessary.

One good thing about platform directories is that we can specify inheritance
order with these in a way that is somewhat meaningful. If we are to have an
inheritance order for device types, then continuing with the approach would
make sense. But if the rule is exact match, or best match, then storing them as
-expected directories makes good sense to me.

- Alexey