> On Mar 15, 2019, at 3:33 PM, Frédéric Wang <fw...@igalia.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Ryosuke and Myles,
>
> Thank you for your reply. First, the exact thing about what will be in MathML
> Core is still open, people are welcome to join and participate to the MathML
> CG [1] or comment on the GitHub tracker [2].
>
> Our plan was also to remove features from WebKit but of course ultimately the
> consensus has to be made in the WebKit community (hence our heads up email).
> What do you suggest? Should we send "intent to remove" to this mailing list?
> Or is it enough to cc' Apple reviewers on bugs in order to get the approval?
> Something else?

It’s easier for us to check Apple Books and iOS App compatibility for a batch
of possible removals at once, instead of one at a time. We can start by looking
at the set of items below.

It’s helpful to give a heads-up other than the normal review process, because
our main concern is compatibility, and not all reviewers will be able to easily
access the corpus of app-specific or books-specific content that may be
affected.

We assume web compatibility is not a major issue since MathML isn’t in all
browsers and in general is not widely used on websites, but there might also be
some value in doing web usage analysis for these features if there’s any
meaningful web usage of MathML at all.