> On May 10, 2019, at 1:13 PM, Keith Miller <keith_mil...@apple.com> wrote:
>
> I’m not sure I know what you mean by allow a whole-directory exception. Do
> you mean a top level directory? Or some kind of parameter we pass to the hook
> to ignore some directory for that run?

I meant that we could add something the pre-commit hook could see in Subversion
that would create an exception for a whole directory, rather than something
inside the hook itself. Perhaps a specially named file, or a Subversion
attribute on a specially named file, or something more clever. If Subversion
had attributes on directories, it could be that.

> you can’t commit with git-svn as it doesn’t support svn properties (or at
> least I wasn’t able to figure it out)

Ah, that’s a big blocker if lots of people are using git-svn — I certainly use
it.

— Darin