On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 5:23 AM Thomas Steiner <to...@google.com> wrote:

> On Sat 21. Dec 2019 at 02:18 Ryosuke Niwa <rn...@webkit.org> wrote:
>
>> We'll be discussing this internally at Apple but since we're heading into
>> the holiday shutdown, we probably won't be able to get back to you until
>> sometime next month.
>>

> Hello Ryosuke,
>
> Have you or someone else from the team had a chance to look at this?
> Please note that we’re currently exclusively look for the “screen” wake
> lock case, not the “system” case.

I'm still soliciting a feedback.

For now, I can say we're very much concerned about any impact on battery
life since that's no.1 thing our users care about. Since even a few
percentage point of battery life regression would be a major concern,
there *needs
to be extraordinarily good reasons* to add this API; I just don't think any
of the use cases listed in https://w3c.github.io/wake-lock/#introduction are
compelling enough to meet such a standard.

- R. Niwa