To point something out with the squash merge vs rebase merge policies, we will
definitely be enforcing squash merges at least initially because rebase merges
require some extra EWS and commit-queue infrastructure.

Recall that WebKit does regression testing for every commit, even if these
commits were landed at exactly the same time. With SVN, this fact is
unimportant because commit-queue and EWS enforce every commit being atomic. If
we wanted to support rebase merges, what we’re really saying is that we want
EWS and commit-queue to run on each individual change in a PR, because at least
some post-commit infrastructure will do the same. That’s something we could do,
but it has some downsides, namely, if contributors are too commit-happy, we
will end up using more compute time on each PR.

Jonathan