On Tue, Apr 27 2021 at 10:18:04 AM +0200, Miguel Gomez via webkit-dev <webkit-dev@lists.webkit.org> wrote:
* Have some API method that allows to kill the problematic web process,
and let the browser call it when needed. The next load will create a
new web process.

We only need this API if we are unable to fix the existing webkit_web_view_load_* APIs to work when the web process is unresponsive, right? So we probably do not need it.

* Modify some of the existent load/reload API calls so they check
whether the web process is responsive or not. If it's unresponsive,
kill the process before trying to do anything else, and a new web
process will be created when the rest of the code is executed.

This behavior is a better default for most client applications. Applications that want more control would just need a way to disable this behavior, right?