This seems to be a discussion around “when is doing things lazily valuable.” If
the work will always have to be done eventually, then doing it lazily is worse
than doing it up front. But of the work has a significant chance of never being
needed to be done, then doing it lazily is better.

I think one could make a case that, on an infinite timescale, fixing a file’s
includes will always have to be done, because it will always, eventually, one
day, cause breakage.