On 2022-03-29 10:46, Patrick Griffis via webkit-dev wrote:

> I believe directly going to ORB and skipping CORB is not a bad idea and
> something I could work on if that is the preferred spec.

Thinking about this a bit more and discussing it with others here's what
I've found:

- All browsers are moving to ORB, Chrome will support it.
- No browser currently ships or implements ORB.
- ORB is by design stricter than CORB.

So there is a risk of being an early adopter. There aren't tests in WPT
for this to test against, there aren't other implementations to compare
with, and there is a chance of regressions on websites.

Given that I think there is some value starting with CORB; It
accomplishes some of the same things in a less strict and widely
supported way and there is a transition path from CORB->ORB as it starts
getting deployed.