Dear Everyone!

Currently, we are working on a project that aims to extend Selenium's
functionality in regard to the Audio Input and Output, which Selenium currently
does not support. The goal is to be able to provide custom audio input/output
to an internal website, which we want to test automatically.
For this, we are currently evaluating a rather complex approach involving using
special Linux VMs and PulseAudio, thus rerouting the audio through the
PulseAudio server.
This approach is, of course, rather unsatisfying and error prone. Which is why
we are thinking about forking WebKit and implementing a custom audio backend
relaying the audio input and the audio output of the website to a custom
handler.

Which is why I want to ask:

  *   I am a novice in the WebKit project, how would you suggest starting this
task?
  *   If we really were to go this route, would you be interested in an
upstream patch or would you prefer a fork instead?
  *   (off-topic) Are there any different approaches other than the two
suggested above?

Yours faithfully,
Alexander