On 16/01/12 16:56, Martin Robinson wrote:
On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 5:07 AM, Simon Schampijer<si...@schampijer.de>  wrote:
I was wondering what the Roadmap for 1.8 is? I looked around on the page and
in the ml-archives but could not find something, yet.

For me it would be interesting to know if/when I can base my work on the
unstable API [1] and make usage of the new shiny additions (e.g.
SpellChecker). At least Fedora seems to already packaging the latest 1.7.x.

Recently [1] we decided to follow the Gnome schedule [2] for stable releases.

1. http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/WebKitGTKStableReleases
2. http://live.gnome.org/ThreePointThree

Thanks Martin for the quick reply. Sugar is following the GNOME schedule as well [1], so this model fits me perfectly well.

Regards,
   Simon

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.96/Roadmap