El mié, 21-09-2016 a las 12:05 +0200, Jérémy Lal escribió:
> I noticed version 2.14 is significantly slower to load several web
> views one after another.
>
> By load time i mean the time between a call to
> `webkit_web_view_load_uri()` and the first
> WEBKIT_LOAD_STARTED change event.
>
> In version 2.12 it takes half a second for the first load and less
> than 100ms
> when loading more views.
> in version 2.14 it always takes the same time.

So, you mean it takes more time the first load on every web view,
right? subsequents loads in the same web view are not slow, right?

If that's the case, yes, it's somehow expected, there's more work to do
know when setting up web views, the web process has to create the
compositing thread and wait for it to start rendering.

> (I'm not sure it's related but for example epiphany 3.22 feels much
> slower to open tabs).
>
> Reproductible on several machines with debian/sid, and different
> networks.

I don't think it has to do with networks. I assume you are trying on
X11?

> Jérémy

Carlos Garcia Campos
http://pgp.rediris.es:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF3D322D0EC4582C3