On Wed, Sep 6, 2023 at 9:46 PM Michael Catanzaro <mcatanz...@redhat.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 6 2023 at 04:23:17 PM +0800, 不会弹吉他的KK
> <kai.7.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > My question is
> > 1. Does webkitgtk 2.38.6 is vulnerable to CVE-2023-32435?
>
> No clue, sorry.
>
> > 2. If YES, how to deal the patches with the 2 new files? If just
> > ignore and only patch file
> > Source/JavaScriptCore/wasm/WasmSectionParser.cpp, could
> > CVE-2023-32435 be fixed for 2.38.6, please?
>
> Patching just that one file is what I would do if tasked with
> backporting this fix.

OK.

That said, keep in mind that only 10-20% of our
> security vulnerabilities receive CVEs, so just patching CVEs is not
> sufficient to provide a secure version of WebKitGTK. The 2.38 branch is
> no longer secure and you should try upgrading to 2.42. (I would skip
> 2.40 at this point, since that branch will end next week when 2.42.0 is
> released.)

For Yocto project whick I am working on, packages(recipes) can NOT be
updated with
major version upgrade on Yocto released products/branches. So we still have
to fix such
kind of CVEs. But for master branch, webkitgtk will be upgraded as soon as
it released.

Thanks a lot.
Kai