Hello

Yes, MySQL is supported in the 3.x series, support for it will be
dropped in 4.0 currently expected in April 2020. See also post on our
website:

https://weblate.org/news/archive/why-already-care-about-weblate-40-now/

It was announced early to give everybody time to plan migration. The
documentation just doesn't recommend installation on MySQL, because at
this point it doesn't make much sense to install using MySQL.

Best regards
--
        Michal Čihař | https://cihar.com/ | https://weblate.org/