Op 30 jul. 2013, om 19:10 heeft Gavin Eadie <ga...@umich.edu> het volgende
geschreven:

> On Jul 30, 2013, at 5:21 AM, Johan Henselmans <jo...@netsense.nl> wrote:
>
>> Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
>
> It means that you compiled your classes under a specific JDK, but then try to
> run them under older version of JDK. So, you can't run classes compiled with
> JDK 6.0 under JDK 5.0. The same with classes compiled under JDK 7.0 when you
> try to run them under JDK 6.0.

Thanks Gavin, I understood that, I know I am running 1.6 VM.

The question was why it did not run with a 1.7 VM.
I added
# JVM              ==
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/java
(which points to java 1.7)
to MacOSClasspath.txt in the MacOS folder, the logging shows that the arguments
it is using for firing up is indeed
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/java
and still it is displaying this Unsupported major.minor version.

I seems that, although wotaskd displays the correct arguments for starting up
the application, it actually uses a different way to fire up the app.

If I start up the app from the command-line it runs with java 1.7.

I am lost.

> This email sent to jo...@netsense.nl

Johan Henselmans
jo...@netsense.nl