Hi List,

Using netstat -a | grep mysql, I see around 30 CLOSE_WAIT connections like this:

tcp        1      0 localhost:50979             localhost:mysql
CLOSE_WAIT
tcp        1      0 localhost:47769             localhost:mysql
CLOSE_WAIT

I know that CLOSE_WAIT on the java apps are bad news, but is it normal for
mysql to be showing?

The counts are going down as well as up, so perhaps just normal operation?

Amazon Linux server, only WO apps using the database.

If this is an issue within particular WO apps issuing the sql requests, is
there a way to identify which apps are making the requests?

Thanks
John