Hi Alberto,

On 28 Mar 2015, at 5:59 am, Alberto Hung <albert...@mac.com> wrote:

> Newbie here. I am trying to install a WO app on an Amazon EC. I followed the
> steps listed on this page
>
> <https://wiki.wocommunity.org/display/documentation/Installing+a+deployment+environment+on+RedHat%2C+CentOS+or+Amazon+Linux>
>
> to install wotaskd, JavaMonitor and the woadaptor. I uploaded the Application
> and WebServerResources files, decompressed, put them at
> /opt/Local/Library/WebObjects/Applications and /var/www/html/WebObjects
> respectively and changed the ownerships. No modifications were made to the
> conf files.
>
> Using JavaMonitor I started an instance of my app. But when I click on the
> link or type the URL directly in Safari I get a ‘was not found on this
> server’ message (404 Not Found).
>
> When I try ‘View site statistics and WOAdaptor information’ it just times out.
>
> What am I missing? Where should I start to fix this?

Are you able to launch the application from the command line?  Try running:

$ /opt/Local/Library/WebObjects/Applications/YourApp.woa/YourApp

directly and make sure it will start.  We don't use the approach you've linked
to above, so I'm not certain of the specifics, but you'll probably need to 'su'
to some other user to try this, possibly 'appserver'—see who JavaMonitor is
running as.

--
Paul Hoadley
http://logicsquad.net/